art's complex Green Team
The art's complex Green Team is a community initiative to aid recycling and reuse in the building.
Facilities in place so far are:
The art's complex Swap Shop is a dedicated room for residents to find new homes and uses for reusable items and materials.
How it works:
- Residents can donate unwanted items in the Swap Shop room on the Ground Floor. Studio G2
- Residents can peruse the shop for anything they could use.
- Alternatively, residents can also offer or request items on the internal forum. (E.g. for larger items)
- No money is to be exchanged. Items for sale can be advertised on the internal forum.
The green team working on reducing energy usage at the art's complex. Switch off! Is the first step of this project, consisting of reducing lighting in communal areas such as toilets, kitchens and corridors (Big impact!). Residents are encouraged to assist in controlling costs and help with this important and energy (cost and planet) saving initiative,
- Keeping eyes open for signs inviting residents to switch off lights in communal areas
- Sticking the green pledge badges on their door
- Go to the art’s complex facebook page and on the Switch off event and participate:
The Green Team has installed recycling boxes throughout the building.
How it works:
- make sure things are clean before going in the bins
- use minimal amount of water to clean containers and cans
- please don't crush the cans- it'll make the bags too heavy for the team to carry!
- please place bottle tops in the separate bottle top containers
- please squash bottles
- please place laminated paper in general waste
- please place plastic bags in general waste
If you would like to get involved please email the Green Team. The group meets up on the first Wednesday of each month. The group uses Open Atrium to coordinate its efforts. Members can log in here. To get an account you need to contact Rob Hutchison.